Activity: Use green leaves, yellow/orange leaves, and apples to decorate a tree to play out different seasons.
Lesson: Fine motor, seasons
- 1 light blue sheet
- 1 brown sheet
- Scraps of light and dark green
- Scraps of orange and yellow
- Scraps of tan/light brown
- Scraps of red
- Two small plastic baggies (Purchased in the bead section of Michaels)
- Two velcro dots
- Draw a large tree on your brown felt. Cut out your tree. I drew a small heart on the trunk with Sharpie and then wrote “N+V” inside (my husband’s and my initials).
- Cut out many leaves in light green, dark green, yellow, and orange. (I cut 10 of each color.)
- Draw and cut out a small basket. Use a sharpie to draw light lines on the basket in a cross weave pattern.
- Draw apples on red felt and cut them out. (I made 5 apples)
- Glue the tree down to your blue felt. Remember to leave the one inch for binding.
- Glue the basket down to the bottom of the blue felt, leaving the top unglued so you can put apples or leaves inside.
- Velcro two dots together, place a small layer of felt glue on the back of both sides, glue the clear side to the blue felt and the white side to the back top of a small baggie. Repeat with the second baggie.
- Fill baggies with the leaves. Fill the basket with apples.