Activity: Tic tac toe game. How to play: Two person game, each person gets their own game pieces (stars or shells). One at a time they lay down their piece into a square taking turns. The goal of the game is to get three of your pieces in a row, either horizontal, vertical, or at a diagonal.
Lesson: Strategy, following rules, positive sportsmanship
- 1 tan/light brown/(mine was actually called sand) sheet
- 1/2 purple sheet (or whatever color you want to make your shells)
- 1/2 orange sheet (or whatever color you want to make your starfish)
- 1/8th inch ribbon
- Felt glue
- 10 velcro dots
- Measure your tan felt sheet so you can create three rows of three while still keeping your 1 inch margin for binding. Glue your ribbon down on those lines. (My boxes are roughly 2.5 inches X 2.5 inches.)
- Draw five starfish onto your orange felt. Cut them out.
- Draw five shells onto your purple felt. Cut them out.
- To make your shells and stars more life like, you can draw lines on your shells and dots on your stars using your sharpie similar to how I did.
- Velcro two dots together. Place a thin layer of glue to the back of both sides. Place the clear dot in the center of one square and the white dot in the center of one playing piece. Continue doing this until all the pieces and squares have a velcro dot. You will have one piece left over, glue this piece to the side with a velcro dot as well. (This place isn’t used in the game, but it will be used to keep pieces in place for transportation.)