Activity: Both layers of flower petals are removable, pot is a hidden pocket with velcro closure.
Skills: Fine motor, color matching, buttoning
- 1 white sheet
- 1/2 brown sheet
- Scraps of green, pink, yellow, blue, and purple (or whatever colors you have)
- Scraps of dark green
- Five buttons (bonus points if they are different colors that match your flowers)
- 1-2 velcro dots
- Felt glue
- Needle and thread
- Draw a large pot on your brown felt and cut it out. If you like, also cut out a border to add to the top of the pot for depth.
- Draw one large flower and one small flower on each of the colored felts and cut them all out. Fold each flower in half, make a small snip perpendicular to the seam long enough to fit the button through.
- Cut out stems and a leaf or two for each stem.
- Glue the sides and bottom edges of your pot down. Leave the top open so it can be used as a pocket. Glue your pot decoration to the top of your pot. Make sure you leave the binding inch on one side!
- Glue down the stems and leaves, making the stems varying heights.
- Sew the buttons on right above where your stem ends.
- Glue your velcro dots to the top inside of your pot. (Easiest way to make sure velco lines up, velcro both sides together, add a small layer of glue to the back of both sides, and then place it inside your pot and apply pressure. Once dry velcro can be separated.)