These are the very first Valentines my daughter gave to her friends. She is only 1.5 years old so I did most (ok, all) of the work, but it is the thought the counts, right? These were really easy and cheap!
- Black chalkboard hearts (or cardboard/wooden hearts with black chalk paint)
- Glow sticks
- Stickers/washi tape
- Chalk marker or chalk
- Gather supplies: I found a 5 pack of the chalkboard hearts in Target’s dollar section for $3. I got the glow sticks in Michael’s dollar section, each came in a pack of 12 for $1. The stickers and chalk marker I got at Michael’s as well.
- Take two glow sticks and using your stickers/tape, tape them to your heart in a diagonal.
- Using your chalk marker, write some variation of “You make my heart GLOW!”
- Done. So simple, right? And cheap! The chalk marker is resistant to smudging, but will easily wipe off with a wet cloth. The glow sticks are a tad fragile (since bending them activates them) so just make sure your child is careful with them during the delivery process. The 1.5 year olds LOVED playing with the glow sticks, and their moms liked the chalkboard. Two gifts in one!